Saturday, July 3, 2010

Abigail Sprague Bradford Gardner: Death Notice

The following death notice was published in the Deseret News on 5 February 1879, page 16.



DIED
At West Jordan, January 16th, 1879, ABIGAIL BRADFORD, wife of Bishop A. Gardner, aged 66 years and 4 months.

Sister Gardner joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, at an early day in its history, and shared in the persecutions of her people, always evincing a strong and unshaken faith in the work. She leaves a number of relatives and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Family~ I have just joined this site today after having looked at it many times over the years. Seems as I age I am more interested in all those who have been older than me! My mother and I spent a day in the SLC Cemetary last month and found that one of the graves in particular had aged beyond much recognition. I was able to find a photo of that marker posted in January 2001 which made our quest much easier. My family comes through Abigal and Archibals only daughter Lillian Abigal who first married to Charles Haun and had one living child Mary Ann (May). Charles and Lillian Abigail divorced. Charles married another daughter of Archibalds and had a family with her. Lillian Abigal returned home to live with her mother for several years. She met then married Phillip Gauchat and had 7 children. Their daughter Pearl married William Spafford Daniles who had 5 children. Their oldest son was William Bliss Daniels who married Mary LaVern Hawley- they had 4 children. Their oldest is Bebe Daniels Jensen who married Jay Monroe Jensen and I am the oldest of their 7 childen. I am very interested in knowing more about our family. Please share if you can. Best wishes Judith Jensen

    ReplyDelete